Royal Raid 2014
Dear Runners and Friends,
We would like to sincerely thank you for your participation and support to the LUX* Royal Raid 2013 and since its 1st edition!
Thanks for the wonderful moments and great performances you offered us. The support of all those who have helped us on the organization of the race has been greatly appreciated, as well as the support from our Sponsors, partners and Medias. A big thanks to all of them also.
We are very pleased to present you the 2014 Edition of the LUX* Royal Raid which will take place on the 10th of May.
We hope to have the great pleasure to welcome you again with your Family and friends and welcome all the new participants!
Albert d’Unienville – LUX* Sports / Frédéric L. Robert – Incentive Partners Mauritius Ltd
And all the LUX* Royal Raid Team
Royal Raid the first and fantastic Mauritian mountain run will lead you inside our Island and makes you discover unforgettable tropical sceneries. Every year, local and international runners and hikers are all enjoying the wonderful friendship atmosphere which prevails, before, all along and after the event!
Royal Raid consists of two races being held simultaneously:
• Royal Raid 80 (RR80) a race of 80 kilometers to be covered in less than 20 hours.
• Royal Raid 35 (RR35) a race of 35 kilometers to be covered in less than 09 hours.
During your challenge, you will have the exclusive opportunity to discover the following beautiful places:
• Yemen Nature Reserve, the largest and the most beautiful nature reserve in Mauritius
• The endemic Fauna and Flora and the famous Parakeet Trail of the Black River National Park (also included in the RR35)
• The sugar cane fields of Domaine de Bel Ombre (also included in the RR35)
Each participant will have to make provision for his own supplies. However the Organizing Committee is making provision for fresh supplies at different check points all along the track. Stop-off and stopover posts are installed where the competitors will have the possibility to take on fresh supplies. Different types of supplies are available:
• Water point where water is available
• Marathon type where water, Pepsi, fruits and salt are available.
• Raid type where water, Pepsi, fruits, salt and soup are available
• Meal and Rest where water, Pepsi, fruits, salt, soup, meal and rest facilities are available.