ROAG our new partner will deal with your registration: it is safe smooth and easy!
They are also at your service on the following email address for any help: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be read carefully before registering and participating:
By registering, you guarantee to us that you will be on the event date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in any of the race. You must be aware that the RR70, RR40 and RR15 races are very demanding on the cardiovascular system, the respiratory systems and on the articulations.
You must make sure that you will train well in view of this race and that you do not suffer from any cardiac problems, chronic muscular, joint or spinal problems, or any other medical condition that could put you at risk during the race.
If you are in any doubt we strongly recommend that you seek medical advice before taking part.
Race registration is being managed by our Partner ROAG; it is smooth, safe and easy.
Medical Certificate is compulsory.
Disclaimer Form to be filled, signed and return back the organisation. The form can be downloaded here-under. This is very important to validate your registration.
|RACES||NON-RESIDENTS (EUR)||RESIDENTS (MUR)||RTN (MUR)|
|RR 70 KM||80||2,200||1,980|
|RR 40 KM||50||1,650||1,485|
|RR 15 KM (Adults)||35||1,320||1,190|
|RR 15 KM ( -18)||25||1,200||-|
1. The RR70, RR40 and RR15 will take place on 09th May 2020.
2. The RR 70 is a trail race of 70 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by the organizer. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form. Minimum age to enter the race : 18 years old
3. The RR40 is a trail of 40 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by organizer. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form. Minimum age to enter the race: 18 years old.
4. The RR15 is a trail of 15 KM. The event race of 15 KM. The race is opened to all license and not license runners, groups and individuals within the age categories fixed by organizer. Each participant will expressly agree that he/she is responsible for his/her participation and to the rules set out and sign the disclaimer form. Minimum age to enter the race: 15 years old (Responsible party should sign the disclaimer form).
5. By participating in the Standard Bank Royal Raid 2020 the runner agree that he/she is not for any reason, including medical reasons, prohibited from taking part in the competition.
6. All participants must ensure they are fit enough to take part in the race. It is also recommended that any participant (especially those above the age of 40 years old) taking part in such
event for the first time should consult their Medical Practitioner before.
7. Cancellation of the event due to Force Majeure cases will not entail any refund to participants.
8. Refund policy resulting from cancellation from participants:
(iii) The RR15 will start at 08:00 am and participants will be allowed 4 hours maximum to complete the race and reach the finish line.
(iv) Participants shall strictly respect the Highway/Road Code even if the police will ensure road safety while crossing the road for the finish line.
(v) After the cut-off time the organization duties, obligations and liabilities will terminate and the company cannot be held responsible of any event or accident occurring.
12. All participants shall at all time wear their respective race numbers in such a way as to make it visible. Failure to do so will result in the disqualification of the participant. There shall be regular controls during the race in order to maintain rules and discipline.
13. The participant must give back his Race Number to the organizers (at any check point table) in the following cases:
(i) If he/she withdraw for the race;
(ii) If he/she is expelled from the race by the organizing committee or if one of the doctors asks the runner to stop;
(iii) And at the Finish line if required, failing which, the organization will not be liable for any matter concerning the participant and the organiser may refuse the participant’s participation in any future Standard Bank Royal Raid event.
14. (i) Each participant shall be responsible for his evaluation for personal water and foodstuff intake during the race.
(ii) Participant is strongly advised not to accept any provision outside specific supply point which will be set up at every +/- 5 KM route.
(iii) Any participant who has with1wdraw or be asked to stop from the race shall leave the Marathon route.
15. Any decision taken by the Race Director shall be final.
16. Any claim or appeal shall be in writing to the Race Director within 30 minutes of the posting of the provisional results. Decision of the organizing committee shall be final.
18. In the event of deliberate alteration to markings or damage to any signs, caused by a participant the latter shall be disqualified. Person assisting participants should adhere strictly to rules of the competition and strictly respect all the control and directives, failing which, their participant will be disqualified.
19. Participants undertake:
(i) Not to threaten or insult any member of the organizing committee and/or any member of the public and or any participant.
(ii) Not to commit any act of cheating before and/or during the race;
(iii) Not to anticipate the start of the race;
(iv) To run the full race before reaching the finish line, failing which the participant shall be disqualified.
20. No animal, cycles, rollers, skates or motorized wheelchair or vehicle will be allowed to participate.
(i) The Organizers have taken an insurance cover, a public liability that may arise against them and/or their Preposés and participants. Participant may ask for a copy of same.
(ii) Participants not in possession of insurance cover for personal injuries/damage may subscribe at their own cost to an insurance policy. The insurance cover for the participant shall be null and void if any of the rules of the event is not adhered to by the participant.
22. (i) The organiser will make proposal for packages for hotel accommodation, transfers and race participation.
(ii) The organiser will not be held responsible in the event of any dispute arising between the hotels, all service providers and the client/participant.
23. By registering for the RR70 / RR40 / RR15 it is agreed and understood:
(i) that the Participant accept all the rules and regulations set out above;
(ii) that the organizer shall have all Rights to make use of any picture, visuals, films, etc. otherwise regarding the race for promotional purposes.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR A SMOOTH REGISTRATION
Photocopy of ID card or 1st page of Passport
Valid Athletic- Running License or Medical Certificate.
if no license a medical certificate specimen is available on the website. Any medical certificate done and dated 10 months before race date is also acceptable. The Doctor must specify that the participant is fit to take part in MOUNTAIN TRAIL RUNNING including at competitive level.
Racing Republic Notification concerning Age Limit
We have decided to put an age limit for the different events of the Royal Raid. We have been asked numerous times to make exceptions and we have refused. It is true under age participants have managed to trick the system and run only because our screening system failed then but we became aware of this and it will not happen again.
We have made this decision for the sake of our children NOT against them and this is to allow them to continue to grow well with reduced risks of problems later on in life. It is beside the point to know if our children are CAPABLE of doing such distances because many of them are.
The point is really to know if it is good for them. The body of our children and then of our adolescents are still growing until between 18 and 23 years for Boys and 16 to 20 years for Girls. When we talk about growing, it involves among other things; Bones, Muscle, Tendons, Ligaments and the Heart.